Rainbow Omega's name means "hope in the end" and is derived from the Biblical references to the rainbow (which stands for hope) and Omega (the last letter of the Greek alphabet). The vision of the founders was to provide a sheltered community for adults with developmental disabilities and to provide parents an answer to the question "What will happen to my child when I can no longer provide care in my home?" One of our parents put it best when she said, “Rainbow Omega is an answer to a prayer that I didn’t know how to pray.”
Rainbow Omega, Inc was incorporated in 1991 and the first two group homes opened in 1995 to serve 16 residents. Since that time, our operations have grown exponentially. Today, we have 88 individuals and an operational budget of $6.2 million.
To glorify God by ensuring that adults with developmental disabilities have a permanent and safe home where their abilities and potentials are respected and nurtured in a Christian environment.
Rainbow Omega will be a non-institutional environment that instills both a family and a community atmosphere where residents experience quality standards of care while enabling them to grow spiritually and to have productive, joy-filled and independent lives.
- We believe in the sanctity, dignity and worth of each person.
- We are committed to the well-being of our residents regardless of their disability.
- We respect and support the families of our residents.
- We diligently steward the generous gifts provided by our benefactors.
- We are guided by and uphold the highest principles in all we do.